All political parties are putting their best foot forward and are busy campaigning in order to garner maximum support for their candidates.
The second phase of seven-phase Lok Sabha poll is scheduled to take place on Thursday (April 18) and the campaigning for this phase is set to end at 5pm on Tuesday. All political parties are putting their best foot forward and are busy campaigning in order to garner maximum support for their candidates.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a roadshow in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, on Tuesday. He is also scheduled to address two rallies in Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur on the same day. The prime minister will start his roadshow from near the Biju Patnaik International Airport and reach the public rally venue at Baramunda Ground covering Ganganagar and OUAT Square.
PM Modi will also address two election meetings in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday. The first meeting is in Korba and the second meeting is in village Suma of Bhatapara in Balodabazar district.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to address a public rally at Pathanapuram and Pathanamthitta in Kerala on Tuesday.
BJP president Amit Shah will address a public meeting at Honnali in Karnataka on Tuesday. He will then hold a road show in Tumakuru. Shah is also scheduled to address public meetings at Thrissur and Ernakulam in Kerala on Tuesday.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray will do rallies in Bangarnanagr and Goregaon in Maharashtra, while NCP president Sharad Pawar will address a public meeting in Jalna. RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav will address rallies in Madhubani, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur and Chhapra in Bihar.
West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee will be rallying at Itahar in Uttar Dinajpur and in North 24 Paraganas, she will address the masses at Narayanpur.
Hindustan Awam Morcha chief Jeetan Ram Manjhi will address public rallies in Bihar’s Banka, Bhagalpur, Katihar and Purnea. Bihar BJP leader Sushil Modi will do rallies in Purnea and Katihar. Bihar Chief Minister and JD (U) chief Nitish Kumar will address public rallies in Bhagalpur, Madhepura, Madhubani and Supual.
Here are the latest and live updates from Tuesday (April 16)
* Union Minister & BJP leader Rajnath Singh holds road show ahead of filing nomination from Lucknow parliamentary seat
* SC refuses to consider Mayawati’s plea against ban on addressing public rallies.
* Election Commission does not look powerless anymore, observes SC
* Congress taking help from RSS to win Lok Sabha poll, claims West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
* Civility rare in Indian politics, said injured Shashi Tharoor after Nirmala Sitharaman visits him in hospital (Read more)
* 2 Railway employees have been suspended after tickets with photo of PM Modi printed on them were issued to passengers at Barabanki railway station on Monday, ANI reported.
* Mayawati hits back at EC’s 48-hour ban, alleges poll body of favouring PM Narendra Modi, BJP president Amit Shah
* Union Social Justice Minister and Republican Party of India(A) president Ramdas Athawale has urged Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy to join hands with the BJP.
* BSP candidate in Fatehpur Sikri Guddu Pandit abuses Congress leader Raj Babbar and threatens to hit Congress workers with shoes.
* Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to file his nomination from Lucknow Lok Sabha constituency on Tuesday.